5 Latest Local SEO Trends
Almost 46% of all Google searches have local intent. This means that almost half the time web users are searching for local products or services near them. There is a big opportunity for your business in local SEO to connect with your target audience and grow your leads, conversions, and sales. Nube Internet provides you comprehensive web designing and online marketing services. Here, we would like to provide you insights into the latest 5 local SEO trends that can make a bigger difference in your digital success.
1. Optimize for Google My Business
Google My Business (GMB) provides a platform for you to advertise your business on the search engine giant. When optimized right, it can help grow your local web traffic. GMB allows your target audience to seek out your business and get information in a snapshot. The kind of information includes:
- Company name
- Physical address
- Contact details
- Business images
How to Optimize for GMB?
- Create and verify your GMB page
- Keep updating it with images and other information
- Respond to both positive and negative reviews
- Encourage people to share your reviews
2. Create a Location-Based About Us Page
If you want to boost your local search results, it is recommended to create a location-specific About Us page. You should also include links to your social media profiles on these pages. If you have multiple business locations, create a dedicated page for each one to optimize the local presence.
Consider you have multiplebusiness locations and only a single about us page. All the locations are referencedon this single page. This will make it hard for Google to display your website in search results based on where your target audience is located. When multiple pages are linked to respective locations, it helps deliver a better user experience (UX) to both users and search engines.
3. Embrace Voice Search
Studies show that 3 in 4 people that use voice search use them to conduct local business searches. That is a big number for you to ignore. Optimizing for voice search is different than that for textual search.
- The search phrases are longer
- Create content around words and phrases people use when naturally talking
As the smartphone revolution and virtual assistant systems continue to grow in their market share, voice search keeps growing bigger.
4. Create Localized Content
Content is still the most important factor in local SEO. So, how do you create localized content that helps rank your pages high in your local search results?
- Create localized and valuable content that pleases both search engines and your target audience
- Share local news on your business’ social media profiles
- Promote local industry events
- Write and publish opinion pieces online
- Introduce your staff through your social media pages, blog, or web pages
- Re-share/repurpose curated content related to your location
- Create local guides on things to do and relate your business
5. Build Your Online Reputation
Almost 9 in 10 consumers will read online reviews before making a buying decision. The more online mentions your business gets, the higher it can rank. When you link out to your reviews on Facebook, Yelp, and other websites, your website gets linked to the reviews and this allows Google to find the connection. Responding to reviews further sends out positive signals to Google.
Local SEO, like other aspects of SEO, continues to evolve over time. Nube Internet can create custom strategies to help your business grow. If you want to discuss your online marketing or web designing goals and ideas with us, call us at +(210) 996-7176. We can also be reached through this Contact Us page.